Skip to main content

train to Neta's nuptial ceremony

It was fine sunny morning of 23rd May 2009 when I decided to attend Neta's wedding. It was a touch and go decison,means no prior provocation was present.
Firstly I contempleted visiting a Railway Resevation counter but E-ticket initiated by Lalujee came to my rescue. I secured waiting list ticket from Cuttack to Darbhanga in two phases i.e Cuttack to Howrah & Howrah to Darbhanga . You must savour the uncertainty of waitlisted ticket , nevertheless I took help of my official status to confirm the seat .I succeded partially & slept well in 2-tier comfort of Jagannath Express in the intervening night of 23rd -24th May.So far so good.
When coach attendent woke me up at Howrah station next morning, a pleasant surprise was in store for me. The difference between climate in Orissa and Bengal was startling.Such a beautiful cloudy as well as windy morning greeted me on the station premises. In hindsight now I realize those winds were precursor to 'Aila' cyclone from Bay of Bengal which ravaged coastal Bengal some 30 hrs later. Anyway I was supposed to move out as my train to Darbhanga was scheduled at 1500 hrs.from Sealdah ,a scenic railway station on the other side of Ganga.Incidently my train was named Gangasagar Exp. ,may be Darbhanga was situated near some ocean (sagar) few eons ago. I made my way through dingy bylanes of city of joy and found a decent room at indecent cost.Had my bath ...watched tv ..had a sumptuos brunch and slept. Suddenly earthquake happened..I woke up and realized that hotel janitor was banging my door..no natural disasters for now.I opened the door in jiffy and abused the poor chap like anything ...after calmly listening me he reminded me about my scheduled train journey.Oh ...fuck god...what the shit ..it was 1430 hrs. in wall clock.I slept like a log for almost 6 hrs.Reached on the platform by 1458 hrs. and train left the platform by 1500 hrs.Bang on the time?I don't understand what the fuck intellectuals create about our system.Here I may have missed the train by an error of few minutes,my heart goes out to Indian Railways for being on the dot.
Boarding the train was the easiest part.......?
to be continued.....

Comments

  1. Are jaldi aage ki kahani sunao yaar .. the pictursque discription of yours genereates a grfeat interest jaldi ..aage ki kahani sunao dost ...and relaly Kudos ato indain railways

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are dost eagerly waiting for the next episode as I missed the shadi.... Ajitabh

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting!!.......i m impressed by ur writing skill....ur words reveal so well that it gives the reader a feeling of watching a movie made out of ur moments....gr8 keep goin.....btw i wud like to clarify ur perception about GANGASAGAR EXP......actully the train runs between DARBHANGA and KOLKATA.....GANGA flows through DARBHANGA nd reaches SAGAR(bay of bengal) in KOLKATA.......moreover there is a point near kolkata which is called GANGASAGAR where GANGA meets SAGAR which has got emmense religious importance for HINDUS nd every year this GANGASAGAR EXP brings scores of devotees from DARBHANGA nd other parts enroute for holy bath celebration.......thus it got its name......i guess i m correct....btw keep writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chakravyuh : A moviegoer's opinion about Naxalism and beyond

Yesterday I went to a theatre .......Kesri in Bhubaneshwar ...It possess a large  70 mm. screen equipped with Dolby-Digital sound system & a big campus. It is  a classical single-screen theatre having the old world charm of movie-watching experience along with a dedicated team of ticket blackeers which are a hallmark of small-town India. The omnipresent blackeers signify the  economic theory of mismatch between Demand and supply. There are nearly 10,500 single-screen theatres in India in addition to approximately 900 multiplex screens.But the revenue share of multiplex is around 65% whereas single-screen theatres contribute only 35% . To put facts in perspective , a balcony ticket costing Rs. 80 in Kesari(Bhubaneshwar) is available with blackeer at a premium cost of Rs. 250, same amount which you will normally pay in PVR  in NCR of Delhi. Here comes the role of blackeers as they devour all the Rs. 170 on every ticket in collaboration with cinema owner.It is ...

Fistfight between friends - Part VI

  Dear readers, At the outset, I wish to clarify that this sixth part of the story is the last one in this series. The fight, which we had nearly 10 years back was a hazy picture in my mind earlier. When ,I wrote the first part, I was looking for the introduction,main body as well as other ingredients of the story. I had no idea how to write a readable story. So, I decided that I will write first and think later. Thinking is the biggest hurdle in the path of story-telling. I decided to take inspiration from story-writer of Salman Khan. This man is made of stainless steel . He wrote some of the worst stories ever in the annals of Hindi film history. Dabangg, Ready & Bodyguard........but these three films are also the biggest revenue-earner in Bombay. In fact,Body Guard earned 21 Crore on the opening day itself. There is an old saying in Benars,that you can not fool all the people all the time. But, this bugger has made a fool of us time and again.So, I decided to write ...

From Godavri to Kosi Part IV

Dear readers, I wrote Part III on last Sunday and writing again to continue the journey. I am not trying to rush things, just in a little hurry to  get the monkey off my back. Yes, this journey is like a monkey only, it keeps jumping in my head at regular intervals lest I forget it. So, the story goes on.... It was a  brightly lit night enveloped by milky-white moon in all its splendour when I had reached Brahmapur on 20th March, 2013. I was given king-like  reception by my dear friend Kunal. We talked, ate a lot and slept in Levis. Waking up was an assignment which  I hated in the early hours of 21st March. But, there was no option except moving my arse and going ahead.I woke up  around 0500 hrs., had a refreshing and large cup of tea, took bath, did some yogic postures to strengthen my back muscles. I became fit like a horse within few minutes of deep breathing exercises. I must thank Baba Ramdev for starting a yoga fitness wave in our country.It is ...