Skip to main content

Train to Neta's Nuptials .....Part IV





So I got tremendous as well as some really hilarious responses to my earlier blogs....few dared to write it on my blog page itself while several more chickened out of commenting directly on a public forum...so took the easy way out and called me...
I appreciate those feelings deeply but my dear old friends ....be a man....have the courage to express your opinions publicly..you don't carry a certain Lalit Modi -like personality....no one is going to initiate judicial proceedings against you....ask me,I am a Political Science student...I will explain Fundamental Right of Free speech granted to your humble tongue by the Constitution of India......some boys were also eager to add more anecdotes to my version.....I have to say ..you can write it yourself buddy....my computer...my blog ...so my version ....
Anyway I am going further....

So , We i.e. myself,Mota Naveen & Abhay reached the Hotel in nearly 10 minutes while riding three in a Rickshaw...It was a pleasant ride ...drenching ourselves in pre-monsoon Bihari rain.....Yes Bihari because sometimes it happens that Rain gods remain happy constantly for 7 days …we call it satbhainya….this drizzling was more or less similar to that pattern. During the journey, Rickshaw-puller acquainted us with several landmarks of city like Darbhanga University,Civil Court premises ,etc. It was a guided tour on mud-filled path passing through main commercial area of city.
Why we tolerate such pathetic status of our civic amenities. As soon as we reached the Hotel, I gathered my wallet from my room and handed over Rs.20 to hard-working Rickshaw-puller. Irony was visible ,while we boys were having fun ,this man was earning his bread by toiling in such harsh condition. Pulling Rickshaw on these streets was a Herculean task.
While going back to my room on the first floor, an adolescent teen,may be 20-year old boy told me not to drench the floor. I arrogantly told that boy to shut up and mind his own business which he duly did. Actually ,bulging biceps in figure-hugging wet T-shirt did the trick. That poor chap was a close relative of owner of the Hotel who was trying to make the floor squeaky-clean in mud-filled environs.
Porch of that Hotel resembled a dirty drain ,whole city was like huge waste material dumping ground, no one was bothered & this boy was acting like a Mr.clean. Why we Indians spit on the road, dump our wastage in public streets yet pretend to make our home a hygienic place. I have seen so many Hindi movies where Heroine dumps waste water on Hero’s head who is passing beneath her home & the spark of love is generated instantly.Hypocrisy has many manifestations….we act like spiritually superior people …..immune from sexual pleasures of mortal human beings…place ourselves on a high pedestal morally. Still ,we produce million babies a year…indulge in atrocities on womenfolk..so on and so forth.
No point in finding faults …so came back to Room ….had a sumptuous bath and ordered Lunch..Piping hot Fish curry and other delicacies were served and our hunger subsided. Now the actual Bakchodi started …Budhau and Nitin were giving their view on every topic ..and hot discussion ensued. In between someone told us that we were here to attend Neta’s marriage..so the knowledge about route to Neta’s home was required. It was around 1400 hrs. Someone suggested,we get ready immediately,hire a comfortable vehicle and find out Pindaruch using Google Earth….alas we were not having GPS sets…… so this idea was dropped…..helicopter or any flying object was out of our reach. Then, Budhau demanded that as it was Neta’s domain so he should provide us a vehicle and Guide.
Neta is some sort of astrologer ,in fact every Pandit is….so his cousin emerged from nowhere and told us to accompany him in Mahindra Jeep. We hopped on . Journey started around 1600 hrs and some of us were feeling the cold and and rain in that Match –box shaped Jeep. May be after travelling an hour we got the message that Road ahead was drastically pot-holed..so we started having second thoughts about travelling further as there was a rumour that Barat may have departed for the Bride’s place.
A suitable place was selected for parking our vehicle on the road , few umbrellas were arranged & we got down from vehicle to have some tea. Samosa, when consumed hot is really delicious …..so we found a road-side Samosa factory…this eatery was like a factory having tinned roof , coal-Bhattis and labourers roaming around. Rajesh Pandey,Abhay ,Budhau,Nitin,Yadav & yours truly had a couple of them…some helped themselves to a third one also. Tea was also served to willing individuals…no need to say that Budhau was the first one to get to vehicle for the obvious reason.
We waited and waited …then saw a Barati vehicle approaching us …our joy new no bounds….to see Neta in groom’s dress was wonderful……after exchanging pleasantries with Family elders…we abused Neta collectively to our heart’s content. Surprisingly Neta behaved like a coy bride. Good , Neta’s dimples were for everyone to see. He behaved like a caring elder brother to us and tried to ensure our well being. In return ,he was again abused for behaving in such a formal way . May be ..Yash would have approved his behavior….why this formality when we know you inside out…..It is a proven fact that probably even Neta is not remotely aware of all his characteristics as we are. No Funda about this..I can assure you.
In the meanwhile ..we changed our vehicle and hopped onto a somewhat better looking Bolero & started the journey again in a convoy . This convoy lasted for may be 15 minutes as every driver was an institution in himself. No point telling civilian drivers about good practices on the road….they drive like maniac and their lives hang by a thread….rash driving at its worst. I wondered about the corrupt Transport officer who gave them licences. These assholes have no sense of road signs and symbols. We were headed towards Madhubani…the heart of our Mithila region….road was smooth courtesy NREGA…….and rain god was kind again…raining literally cats and dogs.
So ,after crossing several bridges and culverts we reached the Turning Point…..from where we were supposed to travel on slippery mud roads and Driver was not sure about the actual location of Bride’s village. This bugger actually belonged to that Panchayat but was not sure about the routes. May be he was a little bit drunk or he was afraid of pitch-dark surroundings . Yes…listening to Cricket sounds as well as several other insects was a musical cacophony to my ear….but Budhau had some other thoughts. As usual he was expecting European –village like atmosphere in dark lands of Bihar. Where was the electricity……why it was so dark at 2100 hrs ….why moon light was absent…..who will guide us to actual location ? These thoughts were troubling us and Budhau was more vocal,abusing Neta like hell.
Nevertheless….we were happy soul and tried to ask directions from several villagers and heading in right direction. Mobile phone was redundant as they need towers to support their network…if Tower was there it was not water-proof. We were travelling through some of the most underdeveloped area of Bihar. Modern amenities has simply bypassed this area. I doubt….people living there may have believed that Indira Gandhi was still the PM .
Suddenly our vehicle came to a sudden halt…a muddy swimming pool was staring us in the face…..HOW ON THE EARTH THEY DARED TO MAKE A SWIMMING POOL ON THE ROAD……but better sense prevailed..we realized that this was just a big pot-hole gone astray…….our beloved driver refused like a newly –married bride and told us that this hole is unsurmountable…so we need to get down..find another vehicle and procced……we tried to convince him and even offered my driving skills to no avail. But ,to our good fortune another vechicle came behind us and that driver volunteered to get us through this hole. Wading through muddy water our vehicle successfully swam to another side….
Bingo….we became happy again. Within 10 minutes we reached brightly-lit Bride’s House & were relieved to reach our destination.
Happy…very happy
But this narration seems a little bit tiresome…..so why not complete it another day….there is always another day…as Bond baba has famously narrated Die Another Day……so why not Write Another Day….see you boys….till then Happy Reading

Comments

  1. Why is it that whenever any event involves Budhau, you have a foxy grin on your face and try to stereotype him in funny way... Are you Taking Mickey off him...

    Till now I have seen extensive stereotyping of budhau.. indeed, which is very funny to me... ;-) cos we all love to piss off budhau

    like: You have portrayed Budhau synonymous to Bakchodi / Then Budhau becoming demanding and arrogant twat / when you say someone helped themselves with the third samosa... I can visualize who that guy was..lol // And then budhau running towards Bolero for obvious reason...miser / then Budhau as nagging European and cursing American..// etc etc...

    Overall It was very funny to read.. however one thought which is striking to my mind is... "those people who don't know the characters of the blog and their characteristics.. will they be able to find this piece of writing as funny as what I am finding"

    Best wishes
    Udit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Udiit,
    Thanks for your heartfelt comments....
    I am happy that my words evokes such a paragraph-wise response from you.....May be I am able to stir your feelings towards Budhau. But I strongly deny the word 'stereotyping'...it is not like that my friend .I am just trying to present facts in a rude form ..as they are naturally without using any sweeteners....we all simply love Budhau for what he is,warts and all...no strings attached.
    I am attempting to rekindle our college-time bonding through this blog. It has been more than one year since these incidents happened but these memories are still fresh in my unconscious mind like a story seen yesterday
    To the point of being politically correct, I will again thank you for the pains you have taken in writing this comment
    Thanks Dost

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey dilip udit is not the only one who takes pain to jot down his comments am also here ...it`s good reading as alwyas but hope you complete this before Anupam become prouf father of are you planning to deliver the climax simultaneously ...you rock buddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dilip.. thanks for your comment... but you forgot to mention

    "WHO ATE THE THIRD SAMOSA" if more than one people... then please list their names... or may be title your quick next blog "Teesra samosa kisne khaya" ... we are waiting for you to write my friend... lol

    @ Vikey: lol... But I think the chapters should be preponed and the final blog should have lovely thoughts about "Neta Neeraj Junior" ---> suggested title.

    I hope to hear from you soon.
    best wishes
    Udit

    ReplyDelete
  5. It takes courage to attend the marriage - Dilip( specially in our area) and you really explained well. I hope, you guys have good time there specially when you saw the swimming pool. I like this - HOW ON THE EARTH THEY DARED TO MAKE A SWIMMING POOL ON THE ROAD…… ha ha ha :)
    You got the subject for your next blog - My God. You are doing amazing. Waiting for next one

    ReplyDelete
  6. @udit : lol .."neta neeraj junior" great thought buddy

    ReplyDelete
  7. @dilip buddy ..you have been putting great effors to jot down neta`s nuptial marraige but if you can get soem comments from Neta himself on these blogs it will work as Icing on the cake

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Dilip: I agree with Vikey, get some feedback that when Budhau was vocal or cursing during Barat. What was going in Neta's mind.......There is one way of doing this without raising Neta's suspicion :-)

    call Neta before you make him read this comment ... Start a nice conversation about how long since you haven't met him (which is his marriage)... talk about his marriage and then..-->BITCH ABOUT BUDHAU.. that he was behaving like a twat... whatever he will say will be his feedback... trap him into saying cool things about BUDHAU ...and voilĂ  you have honest content for your blog...lol

    @Vikey: The title "NNJ" is just a brainchild of stupid mind.. lol.. no offense to Neta
    Udit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chakravyuh : A moviegoer's opinion about Naxalism and beyond

Yesterday I went to a theatre .......Kesri in Bhubaneshwar ...It possess a large  70 mm. screen equipped with Dolby-Digital sound system & a big campus. It is  a classical single-screen theatre having the old world charm of movie-watching experience along with a dedicated team of ticket blackeers which are a hallmark of small-town India. The omnipresent blackeers signify the  economic theory of mismatch between Demand and supply. There are nearly 10,500 single-screen theatres in India in addition to approximately 900 multiplex screens.But the revenue share of multiplex is around 65% whereas single-screen theatres contribute only 35% . To put facts in perspective , a balcony ticket costing Rs. 80 in Kesari(Bhubaneshwar) is available with blackeer at a premium cost of Rs. 250, same amount which you will normally pay in PVR  in NCR of Delhi. Here comes the role of blackeers as they devour all the Rs. 170 on every ticket in collaboration with cinema owner.It is ...

Fistfight between friends - Part VI

  Dear readers, At the outset, I wish to clarify that this sixth part of the story is the last one in this series. The fight, which we had nearly 10 years back was a hazy picture in my mind earlier. When ,I wrote the first part, I was looking for the introduction,main body as well as other ingredients of the story. I had no idea how to write a readable story. So, I decided that I will write first and think later. Thinking is the biggest hurdle in the path of story-telling. I decided to take inspiration from story-writer of Salman Khan. This man is made of stainless steel . He wrote some of the worst stories ever in the annals of Hindi film history. Dabangg, Ready & Bodyguard........but these three films are also the biggest revenue-earner in Bombay. In fact,Body Guard earned 21 Crore on the opening day itself. There is an old saying in Benars,that you can not fool all the people all the time. But, this bugger has made a fool of us time and again.So, I decided to write ...

From Godavri to Kosi Part IV

Dear readers, I wrote Part III on last Sunday and writing again to continue the journey. I am not trying to rush things, just in a little hurry to  get the monkey off my back. Yes, this journey is like a monkey only, it keeps jumping in my head at regular intervals lest I forget it. So, the story goes on.... It was a  brightly lit night enveloped by milky-white moon in all its splendour when I had reached Brahmapur on 20th March, 2013. I was given king-like  reception by my dear friend Kunal. We talked, ate a lot and slept in Levis. Waking up was an assignment which  I hated in the early hours of 21st March. But, there was no option except moving my arse and going ahead.I woke up  around 0500 hrs., had a refreshing and large cup of tea, took bath, did some yogic postures to strengthen my back muscles. I became fit like a horse within few minutes of deep breathing exercises. I must thank Baba Ramdev for starting a yoga fitness wave in our country.It is ...