Dear Readers,
At the outset I have to say that ...all the characters in my story have only been inspired from real life........their resemblance are only a co-incidence......their similarity with any living being is only unintentional ....it has been my endeavour to create a fictional account out of events inspired by real life.......
December is normally a pleasant month in Delhi. It is here that my beloved friend Parmar lives with his extended family of brothers...friends.....some friends of friends........some friends of brothers...some unknown friends of friends from Benaras and Allahabad.....he lives in a rented house of 02 -BHK in a posh Gagnam -style locality in the heart of industrial hub of Coaching industry in North Delhi......
But do not get confused by 02 - BHK flat...it normally accommodates 6-8 forced or perpetual bachelors but on weekends the number can go up to 15-20. All married selfish boys living in and around Delhi turn it into a Bar with Restaurant on weekends.They need this excuse of re-union at Parmar's place to get away from their irritating wives. They drown their weekday's frustration in beer and other hard drinks..wake up late and go back to their office to work like horses, leaving Parmar to clean up the rubbish in free time.Even free souls from Kolkata,Benaras,Haridwar,Kyonjhar or Cuttack visit this free wining,dining and lodging place and enjoy the perks of this lovely place.Even some studious souls who claim to be so-called bosom buddies of Parmar use this place for study .....crack their exams ...appear in interviews..sometimes become IAS and IPS officers and leave the place after using the facilities provided by Parmar.
In fact..everyone uses this place like condoms...use and throw....they are good till they last..but only one time.
The interesting part is that even Parmar doesn't know the regular residents when they first come to live in his flat through some friends of friends ..but he later on develops a rapproachment with them by dining and sleeping together...............so many generations of students and teachers live here.
So, enough about the description of my lead character....now I shall come to the topic mentioned in the title.
Parmar decided to marry long-time back ..may be some decades back ..but finally got married on 9th December 2012...may be he thought that if the world is coming to an end on 21st December 2012....at least he can enjoy marital bliss for 12 days in 2012.........
I am happy now that doomsday passed without shaking earth.....at least Parmar can enjoy for few more days till the time any rogue celestial body decides to collide with our beautiful planet........
He told me about the date of his impending marriage 03-04 months back and I sincerely promised him that I will certainly witness this historic event as a fine student of Indian History was getting married in Benars ..the ultimate historic city..what a fine blend of history and spirituality it was.
But promises are meant to be broken..so I broke it..the day he married I was travelling in a train on the Bay of Bengal coast near Visakhapatnam.....I won't be able to attend Parmar's marriage,this fact became clear to me 02 days ago before the marriage date ......but I had already booked a flight to Benaras form Kolkata on 9th .......so I cancelled the ticket ..airline people cheated me and took my all money as mine was the cheapest ticket in that flight.....these cheap airline tickets are meant for cheaters only......Air India is best, they return most of your money in such cases.......
So, I called Parmar and told him about the Jaalim nature of Duniyawalo who conspired to make me travel in a train on the day I was supposed to walk besides Parmar as his Best Man as they say in christian weddings.........
I blessed the married couple and wished for their bright,prosperous and happy future.
I am really thankful to Viky, Neta,Tiwari and their better halves who took pains and travelled from faraway corners of country to be with Parmar in his happiest moment.In fact,Viky spent nearly 48 hrs. in air-conditioned coach of Indian Railway to witness this historic and divine union of 02 heart-shaped divine hearts.Parmar's heart was a little bit afraid before the wedding day but it coped up with the stress of marriage and it now exclusively beats for his beloved wife .
Neta was the first of the lot who touched the Ganges' city and enjoyed the company of some of old batchmates before the arrival of 2002 batchmates.
It was a great reunion after exactly 10 years in those crowded streets of Benaras.
All of them must have had a great time in Parmar's native village and his marriage procession.But ,this fact I am not sure.The reason is Facebook.
The reason I am writing this blog is due to the ill effects of Facebook only.It has been nearly 14 days since my beloved Parmar got married but I am unable to see it on Facebook due to selfish nature of those who attended the ceremony.
I have seen nearly 20 photographs of Benaras of the days Parmar got married but not a single one depicts the happy bridal face or that of bridegroom's smile.
There are photographs of smiling faces in front of majestic VT (Viswanath Temple) in BHU campus....boys also ate samosas with chatni........several Launglatas and kulhar chai must have been digested during the visit.
I am happy ...may be a little jealous that I missed the fun......there can not be anything better than doing nothing and roaming wildly in green campus of Benaras Hindu University........
But my dear friends....please spare a thought for the hapless bridegroom who was the primary reason for your reunion...you boys have eaten his salt along with sweets and delicious food. Try to show the world your large heart.....I know....your Facebook album is exclusively meant for your own happy face...but have some mercy on well-wishers of Parmar who have also eaten his salt in Mukhejee Nagar but were unable to enjoy the the hospitality in Chandauli.
Those who are not familiar with Chanduli may visit Google Earth and see for themselves ...it was the only place in India which would have survived the Armaggedon on 21st December 2012......
So, in future do take care and enjoy....but do not forget the lead character in a story......you were hero the day you got married ...but now give the stage to other fellows waiting in the queue....play the role of Extras to the perfection......if some of our batchmates are past their expiry date for marriage ..it doesn't mean that being the early bird in raising family..you can hog the limelight......be sport.....
So, that was it......enough for my creative juices today...I will eat something spicy today to replenish the stock of stories churning in my head.
bye till the time I decide to write again...........
One more point..even before I completed this blog one of my beloved Parmar-like friend requested for small blog..say 300 words or something like that..............but my dear friend I am not answering a question paper which says express your opinion in fixed number of words......it's my domain.....I write till the ideas keep flowing out of my thinking mind...I stop only when I become hungry or someone beloved switches off my broadband connection or snatches my laptop......
So, till then you have to bear with my verbal diarrhoea......
Happy reading......
At the outset I have to say that ...all the characters in my story have only been inspired from real life........their resemblance are only a co-incidence......their similarity with any living being is only unintentional ....it has been my endeavour to create a fictional account out of events inspired by real life.......
December is normally a pleasant month in Delhi. It is here that my beloved friend Parmar lives with his extended family of brothers...friends.....some friends of friends........some friends of brothers...some unknown friends of friends from Benaras and Allahabad.....he lives in a rented house of 02 -BHK in a posh Gagnam -style locality in the heart of industrial hub of Coaching industry in North Delhi......
In fact..everyone uses this place like condoms...use and throw....they are good till they last..but only one time.
The interesting part is that even Parmar doesn't know the regular residents when they first come to live in his flat through some friends of friends ..but he later on develops a rapproachment with them by dining and sleeping together...............so many generations of students and teachers live here.
So, enough about the description of my lead character....now I shall come to the topic mentioned in the title.
Parmar decided to marry long-time back ..may be some decades back ..but finally got married on 9th December 2012...may be he thought that if the world is coming to an end on 21st December 2012....at least he can enjoy marital bliss for 12 days in 2012.........
I am happy now that doomsday passed without shaking earth.....at least Parmar can enjoy for few more days till the time any rogue celestial body decides to collide with our beautiful planet........
He told me about the date of his impending marriage 03-04 months back and I sincerely promised him that I will certainly witness this historic event as a fine student of Indian History was getting married in Benars ..the ultimate historic city..what a fine blend of history and spirituality it was.
But promises are meant to be broken..so I broke it..the day he married I was travelling in a train on the Bay of Bengal coast near Visakhapatnam.....I won't be able to attend Parmar's marriage,this fact became clear to me 02 days ago before the marriage date ......but I had already booked a flight to Benaras form Kolkata on 9th .......so I cancelled the ticket ..airline people cheated me and took my all money as mine was the cheapest ticket in that flight.....these cheap airline tickets are meant for cheaters only......Air India is best, they return most of your money in such cases.......
So, I called Parmar and told him about the Jaalim nature of Duniyawalo who conspired to make me travel in a train on the day I was supposed to walk besides Parmar as his Best Man as they say in christian weddings.........
I blessed the married couple and wished for their bright,prosperous and happy future.
I am really thankful to Viky, Neta,Tiwari and their better halves who took pains and travelled from faraway corners of country to be with Parmar in his happiest moment.In fact,Viky spent nearly 48 hrs. in air-conditioned coach of Indian Railway to witness this historic and divine union of 02 heart-shaped divine hearts.Parmar's heart was a little bit afraid before the wedding day but it coped up with the stress of marriage and it now exclusively beats for his beloved wife .
Neta was the first of the lot who touched the Ganges' city and enjoyed the company of some of old batchmates before the arrival of 2002 batchmates.
It was a great reunion after exactly 10 years in those crowded streets of Benaras.
All of them must have had a great time in Parmar's native village and his marriage procession.But ,this fact I am not sure.The reason is Facebook.
The reason I am writing this blog is due to the ill effects of Facebook only.It has been nearly 14 days since my beloved Parmar got married but I am unable to see it on Facebook due to selfish nature of those who attended the ceremony.
I have seen nearly 20 photographs of Benaras of the days Parmar got married but not a single one depicts the happy bridal face or that of bridegroom's smile.
I am happy ...may be a little jealous that I missed the fun......there can not be anything better than doing nothing and roaming wildly in green campus of Benaras Hindu University........
But my dear friends....please spare a thought for the hapless bridegroom who was the primary reason for your reunion...you boys have eaten his salt along with sweets and delicious food. Try to show the world your large heart.....I know....your Facebook album is exclusively meant for your own happy face...but have some mercy on well-wishers of Parmar who have also eaten his salt in Mukhejee Nagar but were unable to enjoy the the hospitality in Chandauli.
Those who are not familiar with Chanduli may visit Google Earth and see for themselves ...it was the only place in India which would have survived the Armaggedon on 21st December 2012......
So, that was it......enough for my creative juices today...I will eat something spicy today to replenish the stock of stories churning in my head.
bye till the time I decide to write again...........
One more point..even before I completed this blog one of my beloved Parmar-like friend requested for small blog..say 300 words or something like that..............but my dear friend I am not answering a question paper which says express your opinion in fixed number of words......it's my domain.....I write till the ideas keep flowing out of my thinking mind...I stop only when I become hungry or someone beloved switches off my broadband connection or snatches my laptop......
So, till then you have to bear with my verbal diarrhoea......
Happy reading......
hmmm... d blog was nice...keep writing
ReplyDeleteAwesome Dilip..!!!!
ReplyDeleteyour blog took me to the down memory lane of my stay in Mukherjee Nagar. Facbooking Culture para was really nice..And the impact of posting your blog on Facebook came up with positive result..after 15 days of the Parmu's marriage, Groom's snaps has been posted on Facebook. Finally, enjoyed a lot... keep on writing.
Thank God ... for the first time ... tum kisi ka baat suna ... from approx 1800 word se 1200 words ... that is a reduction of 1/3 (33.33%) ... otherwise we would have to *Slurp* ur verbal diarrhoea .... and it was crisp and short .... great read...
ReplyDeleteAVI
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletenice piece of writing again....i luv the way u let ur thoughts flow down freely.....keep writing....nd write more often...best wishes
ReplyDeletegood one, the first half had been true depiction of parmar...I had been one of the few visitors to his heaven abode at mukherjee nagar
ReplyDeleteI also visited this place once. Your blogs always keep reminding us the virtue of past. Story telling using the memories is an art where you know the events but still you enjoy the way it get expressed. Good One Dilip.
ReplyDelete